Skip Navigation

Online Requests

International Services is able to help you with a variety of different items while you are at Indiana Tech and many of these requests can be made online.

If you do not see what you need, please schedule a meeting with the International Services team to help.

New Student Arrival Confirmation

All new undergraduate students will need to complete this form prior to leaving their home country. It will help us schedule your room and if we need to get you from the airport. 

Request F-1 Extension

If an international student is approaching their Program of Study’s end date (stated on Form I-20) and additional time is needed to complete the program, the student must request a program extension before the completion date. It is the student’s responsibility to know the completion date and if necessary request an extension in a timely manner. Once the date has passed the university cannot approve a request to extend. Request for Program Extension must be made to the International Services office Designated School Official (DSO) before the completion date on the Form I-20. The office recommends you make this request at least one term prior to the last term before the I-20 expires. For example, if your I-20 is expiring at the end of the Fall term, then you should request an extension during the prior Spring term.

An F- 1 student is eligible for program extension if he or she:

  1. has continually maintained status and
  2. the delay in completion is caused by compelling academic or medical reasons, such as changes of major, or documented illnesses.

Request a Verification Letter

There might be a time when you are asked for a type of verification letter. Indiana Tech can provide different types of letters based on your need. You might need this for many reasons, including: 

  • Enrollment Verification
  • Graduation Verification
  • SACM Enrollment Verification 

Change of Curriculum Request

Students are allowed to change their degree program, minor, and/or concentration while at Indiana Tech. For international students, we must make sure that you are maintaining your status during these requests. This means you still need to be within your full-time student status and making sure that your I-20 shows the most accurate dates possible. 

If you need to make a change to your curriculum, you will need to request this and meet with both your Advisor and the International Services team. 

Obtaining a Transcript

The University Registrar provides official transcripts for students and alumni. You are required to use the specific form in order to make this request. 


You are able to make some changes to your class schedule however you will need to keep in status for your F-1 Visa. In order to do this, you will need to meet with both your Academic Advisor and the International Services team to make sure that you will stay as a full-time student and your graduation date hasn’t changed. 

Undergraduate students must be enrolled in 12 credit hours per semester. 

Graduate students need to be enrolled in 9 credit hours per semester.

Change of Information

SEVP does require your I-20 to have the most accurate address and contact information. You are required to update with any changes to your email, address, or phone number within 10 days. The International Services Coordinator will handle these requests in SEVIS and with the school. 

Replacing a Lost I-20

An I-20 is one of the most important documents that you must have while in the U.S. and needs to be with you at all times while traveling inside or outside of the country.

International Services can issue a replacement I-20 if your is lost, stolen or damaged. If a replacement is needed, you must complete a request form. Please stop by the International Services and Admissions office to complete this request. 

After this is completed and submitted, International Services will email you once your I-20 is available for pick up. It will take 3-5 business days to process your request.