Skip Navigation

Traveling Outside the U.S.

Students who intend to travel outside of the U.S. need the following documents to re-enter the U.S. after a temporary absence:

Required DocumentF Visa HoldersJ Visa Holders
Certificate of EligibilityForm I-20*Form DS-2019**
Valid Passport**YesYes
Valid VisaF VisaJ Visa
Verification of Financial SupportYesYes
Verification of Enrollment (from registrar office)YesYes

Form I-20 must be signed by an Indiana Tech DSO for travel within one year of the date of travel return, or within six months if you are on Optional Practical Training.

** Passport should be valid at least 6 months beyond the date you plan to re-enter the US **

Visas for Dependents (Spouse and Children)

F Visa HoldersJ Visa Holders
Certificate of EligibilityForm i-20 for dependentForm DS-2019 for dependent
Visa TypeF-2J-2
EmploymentNot permittedmay apply for work permit
Education (Spouse)recreational coursesany educational level
Education (Child)elementary to high schoolany educational level